Sunday, April 3, 2011

Polenta with Sausage and Peppers


This dinner idea came from this blog post, but I didn't have all the necessary ingredients and I was feeling lazy, so I just through it together, and didn't really follow along with the recipe.
This was my first time making polenta, and I think it would've benefited from a little more time in the pot-- it was not as firm as I would've liked. I plan on getting some better cornmeal (grainier) for next time, too.
The meal was tasty, but I accidentally got some super spicy sausage from the butcher shop, and while the spiciness was a nice contrast to the sweetness of the onions, it was just a little too much for me.

RECIPE:

Polenta---boil 6 cups water with 1 t salt, Add 2 Cups cornmeal; lower heat to medium and cook, stirring often approx. 30 minutes. Stir in 2T butter. Preheat oven to 350, spoon polenta into well-greased baking dish, top with parm and bake 15 minutes.

Sausage---cook sausage over med heat until cooked through. Stir in 1/4 Cup white wine and 1.5 cans diced tomatoes (undrained). Let this simmer for 20 minutes.

Peppers/onions---slice and saute over med-high heat in 1 T oil for about 5 minutes, I wanted them cooked but still crisp.

TO SERVE: Spoon polenta onto plate, then sausage mixture, top with peppers & onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment