Monday, April 4, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip

I made an artichoke dip around Christmas, that was super healthy. The recipe came from the 101 cookbooks blog, (which I highly recommend checking out, if you haven't already). She replaces the mayonnaise and sour cream with tofu and greek yogurt. I like that the recipe was so healthy, but I wanted to work in some cream cheese, and, in the 101 recipe you puree the artichokes, and I wanted some nice big pieces or artichoke heart. So last weekend when I came across a recipe for artichoke dip with spinach and cream cheese, I decided it was time to try a new recipe, by combining the two.

INGREDIENTS:
4 oz. tofu
5-oz. neufchatel cheese

2/3 C greek yogurt

1/3 C parmesan, shredded + some for top

1/3 C sharp cheddar, shredded

3 garlic cloves, minced
5 C spinach
3 shallots, minced
2 cans artichoke hearts, drained & chopped

HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:

Food process the tofu and cream cheese.


Saute the shallots, garlic over medium heat in a little oil. Stir in spinach, keep over heat until it wilts. Drain liquid from this mixture well. 


Combine tofu & cream cheese, spinach mix, artichokes, cheeses, and yogurt. Spoon into baking dish and top with parm. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, then broil to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment